Wednesday 11 April 2012

Dissertation Fear






My poor blog has been neglected a lot lately due to the overwhelming "Thesis fear". I feel like I live in the library just now, and the other day I was so early into uni I actually had to wait for it to open! This time of year seems to be making a lot of us 4th years a bit crazy, especially over everyones attachment to their favourite computers, which I am especially guilty of.

Lecturers certainly weren't lying about the level of work we have to put in and that social lives would have to be put on hold! Every time I come close to the end I turn a corner only to see another never ending road ahead. Don't get me wrong, I love the research topic that I am working on but if I ever hear "communications theory" again it will remind me of this very stressful time and I might just break down!

I also realise that I no longer have any good chat to me. Everything I talk about is dissertation. I can see that this must be particularly annoying to my non student friends, but I am not lying when I say I eat, sleep and breath dissertation.

The only thing keeping me going is the thought of graduation day. Myself and my friend Mairi have already decided we shall be drinking champagne that day from the moment we wake up. I believe the statement "I'm going to shower myself in champagne" was also made. Worrying thing is, we probs will after a drink or ten.

This blog post doesn't really have any real value to it, I just wanted a wee rant to myself. I did start to moan to my Dad but he just asked me what a dissertation even is, so online rambling it is. I'll be surprised if this even makes sense cos I'm extremely sleep deprived right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment